Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as “Terms and Conditions”) apply to and regulate the provision of Door Step Banking through universal Touch Point services offered by 12 Public Sector Banks (PSU Banks for some ‘Financial’ and ‘Non-Financial’ services (hereinafter referred to as "Services") by accepting the Instructions. The services may however be, added/ amended as per requirement or change in business scenario.
In these Terms and Conditions, the following words and phrases have the meaning stated here under unless indicated otherwise:
“Doorstep Banking (DSB)” :
It is proposed to implement “Doorstep Banking” facility to cater the both financial & non-financial banking needs of the customers under single umbrella. PSB Alliance of 12 PSBs anchored by UCO BANK has engaged Atyati Technologies Pvt. Ltd. and M/s Integra Micro System P Ltd. henceforth termed as SERVICE PROVIDER through a Tendering process to provide “Doorstep Banking” facility within the norms stipulated by PSB Alliance/ Anchor Bank/Member Bank/Reserve Bank of India.
Terms & Conditions:
The words referred to means: -
Service Provider - Atyati Technologies Pvt. Ltd./Integra Microsystem Pvt. Ltd.
Bank – Any of the 12 PSU Banks (Includes anchor bank & member bank)
Anchor Bank - UCO Bank
Website - “Website” refers to www.psbdsb.in, which is owned, operated and maintained by PSB Alliance / IBA.
Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Instructions for:
- Pickup and Delivery of Negotiable Instruments viz. cash, demand drafts, Pay Orders etc. and/or banking business documents Account Statement, Term Deposit Receipts, 15G/H etc. through DSB Agents to the Customer
- Pick-up services for Negotiable Instruments viz. cash, cheques, demand drafts, Pay Orders etc. and/or banking business documents will be undertaken by DSB Agents using Mobile Phone/ handheld device and engaged by Service Provider if the Instruction is made as per the procedure specified. The Customer must ensure that every Service request initiated is in respect of accounts held and owned by him/her.
- The Customer agrees and undertakes to duly comply with its obligations in terms of the processes for the Services mentioned therein.
- The Customers agrees and understands that Service Providers shall act upon the instructions only if in the opinion of concerned authority of Service Provider, such Instructions are clear and unambiguous. The decision of the competent authority of Service Provider whether any such Instructions are clear and ambiguous or not and all actions of Service Provider thereof shall be conclusive and binding on the Customer. This clause shall not preclude Service Providers from exercising its absolute discretion to act or not to act on any or all Instructions.
- The Customer agrees and acknowledges that despite incorporation of necessary security feature, transmission of information through Mobile App, Hand Held Device, telephone, and/or e-mail may be subject to tampering and unauthorised access, fraudulently or mistakenly written, altered or sent, and not be received in whole or in part by the intended recipient, which may include but not limited to: i. The Instructions being fraudulently written or altered. ii. The Instructions reaching Bank in jumbled state or in a manner or shape that it may be misunderstood. iii. The Mobile App, telephone or computer through which the Instructions are received by concerned Bank of the customer being unattended to at the time of receipt of Instructions and/or the Instructions being received by the Bank only partially. iv. There may be a mistake in understanding the message.
- The Customer shall continue to be bound by all or any action of Service Providers in complying with the Instructions even if such Instruction has been countermanded by a subsequent Instruction or any written order or direction of the Customer, if Service Provider has already commenced acting upon the first of such Instructions (without prejudice to it having received and acted upon a subsequent Instruction or written order or direction) or even if the mode of receiving such Instructions has been discontinued or suspended.
- Service Provider shall not be liable for (1) any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of, (i) any data, information or message in the Instruction, or (ii) the transmission or delivery of any Instruction; or (2) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by(i) any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, (ii) non-performance, or (iii) interruption in any such data, information or message, due either to any act or omission by Service Provider due to failure of operational systems or any requirement of law or any internal policy of Service Provider due to “force majeure” (e.g., flood, extra ordinary weather condition, earthquake or other act of God, fire, war, insurrection, riot, labour dispute, accident, action of government, communications, power failure, equipment or software malfunction) or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Service Provider /Bank, or (iv) tampering of and/or unauthorised access to the Instruction, (v) Instructions that are fraudulently or mistakenly written, altered or sent or (vi) Instructions that are not received in whole or in part by the intended recipient.
- The Customer agrees that Service Provider shall not be liable if: (i.) The Customer has breached any of the Terms and Conditions, contained herein or (ii.) The Customer has contributed to or the loss is a result of failure on part of the Customer to advise its Bank within a reasonable time about unauthorised access of or erroneous transactions in the Account by use of the Services; The Customer agrees that Service Provider may at such times as they may deem fit, request the Customer to approach Service Provider with the acknowledgement provided by the DSB Agent to the Customer at the time of the execution of the Instruction.
- Service Provider may, at its sole and absolute discretion, act on any request or Instruction made by the Customer to Service Provider, or which Service Provider reasonably believes to have been made by the Customer.
- The Customer agrees and acknowledges to waive off its ‘right to claim’ for the Services to be provided at its doorstep. Further, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Service Provider shall not be deemed to have accepted any Instruction unless and until Service Provider receives the complete Instruction on a business day and during the normal business hours of Bank in accordance with the procedure specified on the Website as may be updated from time to time.
- The Customer is responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the Instructions. Service Provider shall not be required to independently verify the veracity, authenticity or validity of the Instructions. Service Provider shall have no liability if it does not or is unable to stop or prevent the carrying out of or the execution/implementation of an Instruction that is subsequently countermanded by the Customer. Where Service Provider considers the Instructions to be inconsistent or contradictory it may seek clarification from the Customer before acting on any Instruction of the Customer or act upon any such Instruction as it deems fit. Service Provider has no liability or obligation to keep a record of the Instructions to provide information to the Customer or for verifying Customer's Instructions. Service Provider may refuse to comply with the Instructions without assigning any reason or notice and shall not be under any duty to assess the prudence or otherwise of any Instruction and have the right to suspend the operations through the Services or carrying out of Instructions if it has reason to believe that the Customer's Instructions will lead or expose to direct or indirect loss to Service Provider may require an indemnity and/or other security/comfort from the Customer before continuing to restore/perform the Services and/or Instructions.
- Service Provider shall be responsible for any loss caused to the Customer on account of gross negligence or will full misconduct of the DSB Agent appointed by Service Provider while providing the Services to the Customer.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Instructions for the Services shall be processed by Service Provider only if the same are received by Service Provider in the prescribed time and manner. The Customer agrees and acknowledges that the Services shall be provided by Service Provider at the Pick-up/delivery address chosen by the customer at the time of the applying for availing the Services. In case of any request provided by the Customer for getting the Pick-up/Delivery address changed after the Service Request is made in a manner as may be prescribed by Service Provider , such changed pick up/delivery address shall be used by Service Provider for providing the Services to the Customer.
- The Customer agrees, confirms and undertakes to pay to Service Provider such charges/fees/expenses as may be notified to the Customer by Service Provider /Bank at its sole discretion from time to time for organising/providing the Services. The Customer further agrees and confirms that the acknowledgement and confirmation receipt to be furnished by the Customer to the agency would be a final and binding acknowledgement and confirmation of receipt of documents, demand drafts/Pay Order and/or cash etc. by the Customer.
- Without prejudice to anything contained in clause 12 above, the Customer agrees, acknowledges and undertake that the Services proposed to be offered by Service Provider should be construed as mere extension of the banking services (outsourced 3rd party) offered at any of its branches and the liability of Service Provider is limited to the extent as if the transaction is/was conducted at the Bank Branch of the customer.
- The Customer confirms that Bank is authorised to debit the Customers' account with amounts in pursuance to any Instructions under the DSB Services not withstanding any other requirement contained in any law and practice including but not limited to Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881.
- Under no circumstances, shall Service Provider , its employees, directors involved in providing the Services be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary (including, but not limited to loss of profits, loss of data or other intangible information, business interruption, loss of privacy, or any pecuniary loss), arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of the Services resulting from unauthorised access or alteration of Instruction or arising from interruption, suspension or termination of the cash/cheque collection and delivery services or any inability of Service Provider to receive instructions, directions, orders or other communications from the Customer or to transmit any related message for any reason whatsoever, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise except in case of willful default or gross negligence on the part of Service Provider . Provided that notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the aggregate liability of Service Provider under this arrangement shall not exceed the service charges received by Service Provider from the Bank under the Services.
- The Customer hereby indemnifies and agrees to keep Service Provider indemnified against all and any costs, losses, damages, expenses (including all legal expenses on a full indemnity basis) or other liability sustained or incurred by Service Provider as a result of Service Provider accepting and acting on an Instruction given or deemed to have been given or purportedly given by the Customer, including but not limited to the Customer, handing over self/ bearer cheques to the cheque pick-up / delivery agency engaged by Service Provider in lieu of the cash delivered to the Customer premises without ensuring that the “Paid” stamp of the cash delivery agency is affixed on the cheque in the Customer’s presence.
- The Customer hereby authorises Bank through DSB App developed by Service Provider to charge the account held with its Home Bank to the extent of all outstanding dues arising as a result of or in connection with the DSB Services.
- The Customer agrees to comply with such security procedure as may be prescribed by Service Provider from time to time for sending Instructions. The Customer undertakes not to disclose the security procedure to any person except to its authorized representatives. If the Customer or one of the Customer’s authorised representatives is of the opinion or has reason to believe that the authentication procedure may be known by an unauthorised person, the Customer must notify Service Provider immediately.
- If Service Provider receives an Instruction that purports to have been transmitted or authorised by the Customer, one of the Customer’s authorised representatives or any other person and the Customers current authentication procedure has been used then Service Provider may rely on that Instruction and shall not be obliged to make any verification for authentication purposes and such Instruction will be deemed effective as a valid Instruction by the Customer.
- The Customer hereby authorizes that Service Provider shall be absolutely entitled to accept and act on an Instruction made to the Bank through the DSB App prior to receiving any written confirmation from the Customer and that any action taken in pursuance of the customer DSB Instruction shall be valid even if such written confirmation is not received by Service Provider.
- Customer, hereby, acknowledge and confirm to abide by all safety measures including declaration about COVID 19 infection. Service Provider shall take all necessary precautions related to health condition and safety measures of DSB Agents.
- At any time, Service Provider may give notice to the Customer, in such manner as it may deem fit, that it shall not accept further Instructions and such notice shall be deemed to be effective against the Customer on receipt of the same. A Customer shall be deemed to have received such notice immediately in case Service Provider sends the notice through facsimile or e-mail transmission or after two (2) days if such notice is sent by post/courier.
- Service Provider reserves the right to charge and recover from the Customer fees along with applicable taxes for availing the Services at any time as it may deem fit. Failure to pay the charges/fees (including applicable taxes) on or before the specified date will render the Customer liable for payment of interest at such rate as may be stipulated by Service Provider and/or withdrawal of the Services without any liability to Service Provider.
- The Services provided to the Customer is not transferable under any circumstance and shall be used only by the Customer. However, Service Provider shall have the right to transfer, assign or sell all its rights under these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall continue to be in force and effect for the benefit of the successors and assigns of Service Provider.
- Service Provider shall have the absolute discretion to amend or supplement any of the Terms and Conditions, features and benefits offered on the Services including, without limitation to, changes which affect charges or rates and methods of calculation at any time subject to approval of Anchor Bank. The Customer shall be liable for all charges incurred and all other obligations under these revised Terms and Conditions until all the amounts under the Services so provided by Service Provider are repaid in full. Service Provider may communicate the amended Terms and Conditions by hosting the same on its website or in any other manner as decided by Service Provider , which amended terms will be binding on the Customer. The Customer shall be responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms and Conditions including amendments there to as may be posted on the website of Service Provider and shall be deemed to have accepted the amended Terms and Conditions by continuing to use the Services.
- Service Provider may, at its discretion, withdraw temporarily or terminate the Services, either wholly or in part, at any time without giving prior notice to the Customer. Service Provider may, without prior notice, suspend the Services at any time during which any maintenance work or repair is required to be carried out or in case of any emergency or for security reasons, which require the suspension of the Services. Service Provider shall endeavour to give a reasonable notice for withdrawal or termination of the Services. At any time, Service Provider may give notice to the Customer, in such manner as it may deem fit, including but not limited to, posting the notice on its website at www.Service Provider .com, that it shall not accept further Instructions. Without prejudice to anything contained above Service Provider may suspend or terminate the Services without prior notice if the Customer has breached these Terms and Conditions or Service Provider learns of the death, bankruptcy or lack of legal capacity of the Customer.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of India. The parties hereby agree that any legal action or proceedings arising out of the Terms and Conditions shall be brought in the courts or tribunals at Bangalore in India and irrevocably submit themselves to the jurisdiction of such courts and tribunals. Service Provider may, however, in its absolute discretion, commence any legal action or proceedings arising out of the Terms and Conditions in any other court, tribunal or other appropriate forum, and the user hereby consents to that jurisdiction. Any provision of the Terms and Conditions which are prohibited or un-enforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of prohibition or un-enforceability but shall not invalidate the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions or affect such provision in any other jurisdiction.
- All transactions under the Services effected by or through facilities for conducting remote transactions including the internet, world wide web, electronic data interchange, tele-service operations (whether voice, video, data or combination thereof) or by means of electronic, computer, automated machines network or through other means of tele-communication, established by or on behalf of Service Provider , for and in respect of the Services, shall constitute legally binding and valid transactions when done in adherence to and in compliance with these Terms and Conditions.